Here is a Quick Guide to your Smoke Alarms
- All smoke alarms should be Australian Standard AS 3786 compliant.
- It is recommended you test your smoke alarm every month.
- It is recommended you clean your smoke alarm with a vacuum cleaner every 6 months to remove any dust, so that it won’t hinder the performance of the sensor.
- It is recommended you replace the battery in your smoke alarm every 12 months if it’s an alkaline battery. If it’s a 9v lead battery it’s advised you replace it every 6 months.
- It is recommended you replace all types of smoke alarm every 10 years. The smoke alarms will not last forever as the alarm’s sensitivity will degrade over time.
- Lastly, if you have a security alarm systems it is recommended you have your smoke alarms connected to your alarm system, especially where it is monitored Back to Base!
If you have any questions at all regarding any of the above information please do not hesitate to contact us.